Re: [Exim] keying off an ldap attribute and either failing..…

Author: Chad Leigh -- Shire Net LLC
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] keying off an ldap attribute and either failing...
On Jan 26, 2004, at 8:55 AM, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:

>> From:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad+exim@???>

> ..[snip]...
>> I want to be able to check an attribute in an ldap database that I
>> currently use to run my exim mail system. I have an attribute on each
>> record that specifies whether the account is active or not. Currently
>> the attribute exists but is not being checked. I would now like to
>> turn
>> on checking of that attribute and if it is set to N then I want to
>> return a failure of non-routable and if it is Y I want to continue to
>> the next router since at this point there are still several possible
>> routers that could be triggered.
>>
> Try something like this:
> I will helpo you out more if this does not work, but I may need more
> information about your configuration....
>
> #Routers Section
> ldapaccountactive:
>    driver    = accept
>    domains   = ...domains to check...
>    condition = ${if eq{
>     ${lookup ldap{user="..." pass="..." \
>     ldap://..server..:389/shireNetAccountname=${quote_ldap:$local_part},\
>     shireNetDomain=${quote_ldap:$domain},dc=shire,\
>     dc=net?shireNetAccountActive?one?}}}{Y}{true}fail}
>    transport = local_delivery (or whatever you are using)
>    no_more
> ..Other Routers go below this one....

Hi

Thanks. The problem is, that this keys to a delivery transport. There
are several routers that need to be run to determine actual mode of
delivery (local, forward, vacation, etc). This is just a
pre-qualifier.

Ignore the smartuser thing below. I had forgotten it was removed in
exim4 when I was trying various things and I didn't realize that was
the version I had posted. Sorry about that

Chad