[Exim] Re: Stopping out-of-office auto-reply mail loops

Author: Michelle Konzack
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Stopping out-of-office auto-reply mail loops
Am 2004-01-23 08:06:45, schrieb Andrew Lewis:
>Hello,
>
>Currently I am experiencing problems where-in one user will set their
>out-of-office auto-reply on, and then mail another user who's auto-reply
>is on, causing an infinite mail-loop.

First, an autoresponder should never respond to Mails with
kind I get every day...

If you send Autoresponder, use for "From: " the same E-Mail
as for "To: " ;-)

This Message will never come Back to you !

... and on the Receiver-Side it depends on the Autoresponder-
Config ;-)

YES, -I have seen Windows-MUA's which have tilled them Self.
It was around one week to fill up a 160 GByte Harddisk.

;-)

Greetings
Michelle

--