Re: [Exim] Problems caused by localhost entry in Received

Author: Vincent Lefevre
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problems caused by localhost entry in Received
On 2004-01-06 10:58:47 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
> We usually configure our MUAs to send e-mail via SMTP to localhost,
> where Exim is running. This results in a header of the form:

>     by myhost.mydomain with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
>     id 1AdWvu-0005ks-00
>     for user@domain; Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:46:22 +0100

> Now, this seems to cause problems with some blacklists etc. on the net;
> apparently they think "localhost" is evil.

Some blacklist admins are really stupid... or are you sure that
the reject doesn't come from something else? For instance, I can
see "helo=mydomain", but mydomain isn't a FQDN (as required by
SMTP). I know that some servers reject mail because of this. :(

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@???> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International