[Exim] ACL verify=sender

Author: T. Horsnell (tsh),F46,2219,01223247239
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACL verify=sender
All mail to/from our site is handled by our mail hub,
which in turn is fed by a UCam upstream relay (smarthost).
External SMTP traffic is only permitted between
our hub and his upstream relay.

How does this setup affect the ACL 'verify=sender' option?
The docs say that the sender address is passed thro' the
routers to determine its validity, but what happens
here, since the routers are arranged to forward all
offsite mail to the smarthost?

We have started to receive spam where the key message
(usually a hotlink) is embedded in piles of random words,
which then get through our statistical spam scanner
(bogofilter). However, the sender is also a forged
randomly-generated user at a legit site,
(e.g.aaxxgtrr@???) so I would like to use the ACL
to reject these.

HNY,
Terry