RE: [Exim] condition in acl_smtp_data

Author: Eli
To: 'Gabor Z. Papp', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] condition in acl_smtp_data
Headers added at ACL time are just added on to the end of the headers sent
to Exim in the DATA phase - they don't replace existing headers if the
header already exists. The only way you could do what you want is pretty
much in the system filter - remove the header, then add the header.

Your check_message thing will only add the X-Authenticated: header if
"condition" is true (ie, if X-Authenticated: is not previously defined...
probably not what you want really since a user could fake that header).

I have something similar, except I have a X-Headers-Begin: header inserted
with a warn statement as the first header and it contains the Exim message
ID variable (so I know it's not faked), and then I insert all my custom
headers, then I close them off with X-Header-End: (again with the message
ID) - this way I know that all the headers that my warn statements added are
going to be between those two header tags so that even if a user sends one
of the headers I have Exim add, I know which one was the real one :)

Eli.