[Exim] Re: Problem with exim on internal network

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Problem with exim on internal network
Hello Rob,

Rob Borland, 05.01.2004 (d.m.y):

["routing" mails depending on the recipient's host/domain]
> I've been looking for exactly this function. I've read the specs but
> I can't find this described.

You'll find it by searching for "manual route" in the exim specs' toc.
;-)

> I'm preparing to convert from sendmail where the following entry
> in mailertable
> routes to the host's A address rather than MX address:
>
>   host.domain.example       esmtp:[target.host.example]

> I'd appreciate it if you could give an example of how and where to
> define this router or a pointer to the docs which describe this.

OK, the following is taken from the ROUTERS section of my exim3
configuration file:
ibook:
condition = ${if eq {$domain}{ibook\.linau\.de}{true} fail}}:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* airbook.linau.de bydns_a"

This will advise my exim to send mails to <anyone@???> via
airbook.linau.de.

The syntax for exim4 is just slightly different - IMO you could just
stat the "destination domain" instead of creating a complicated
"condition expression"...
Gaving a closer look at the exim specs will surely help you. ;-)

Regards & hth,
Christian
--
Der gute Mensch sogar drückt seine guten Maximen noch schärfer aus,
als er sie übt.