Re: [Exim] aliases

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aliases
On Dec 24, 2003, at 3:56 PM, Kirill Miazine wrote:

>     http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

I have this page open and think I'm doing what it says. Obviously I've
made an error since it's not working. =-)

> Also, please provide your mailman_router and mailman_transport. Your
> system_aliases and pipe_transport are of no interest.

   mailman_router:
     driver = accept
     require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
     local_part_suffix_optional
     local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
                         -confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
                         -owner : -request : -admin
     transport = mailman_transport

   mailman_transport:
     driver = pipe
     command = MAILMAN_WRAP \
               '${if def:local_part_suffix \
                     {${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
                     {post}}' \
               $local_part
     current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
     home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
     user = MAILMAN_USER
     group = MAILMAN_GROUP

And since I think I can foresee at least one question here, I'm also
going to include the entries from the main section:

# home dir for Mailman
MAILMAN_HOME=/usr/local/mailman
# wrapper script for mailman
MAILMAN_WRAP=MAILMAN_HOME/mail/mailman
# user and group for Mailman
MAILMAN_USER=mailman
MAILMAN_GROUP=mailman

I've tried changing the MAILMAN_USER and MAILMAN_GROUP to various
different (and hopefully logical) possibilities. Mailman is indeed
user mailman and group mailman. I've done the check_perms -f until it
showed no errors.

-Michael