Re: [Exim] aliases

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: Michael Johnson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aliases
* Michael Johnson [2003-12-24 14:18]:
> >The first question that pops into my mind is: does
> >/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper exist? I bet you're using Mailman 2.0.
> >Use C042 from sample configs then.
> >
> I had entered the wrong name. One portion of the problem solved.
> Instead of wrapper, it was supposed to be mailman.

Note that in your aliases file you said /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman,
not /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper!

> I'm using mailman 2.1.3. It's been running with sendmail for quite a
> while (8 months?) in this configuration. However, it was upgraded from
> a 2.0 version.
>
> As for the C042, I'm not sure where to find it. I looked at the web
> pages you listed, and didn't see any reference to C042 or sample
> configurations. I'll look again.

I provided you links to two HOWTOs. C042 can be found by extracting
following

    ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/exim/exim4/config.samples.tar.gz

You do not need to worry about C042 as it is about Mailman 2.0 and Exim
4. Since I saw "wrapper", I assumed you were using Mailman 2.0. For Exim
4 and Mailman 2.1 see

    http://www.no.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

Also, please provide your mailman_router and mailman_transport. Your
system_aliases and pipe_transport are of no interest.

--

Er en viljeserklæring forvansket ved feiltelegrafering, blir den, som har
avgit den, ikke bundet ved erklæringen i den skikkelse, den er kommet frem.