Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
Marc Haber wrote:

> Being able to configure a package from the command line is a big
> advantage if you need to build different flavors of the package from a
> script or from your own makefile.

And still, Philip is right, building a useable configure for exim isn't
that easy. I'm currently working on it, and it's a quite tough bit of work.

> It is quite a bit of effort to build the different exim flavours for
> the Debian package, and handling the different EDITME files isn't that
> easy at all. But Andreas has done a marvelous jobs with the
> infrastructure.

FYI, I've a working dynamic-loader patch for exim, it does not support
all extensions yet, and is not really configureable (I'm trying to
implement this in my configure script). But it works and I think this is
a better approach than the current exim-light vs. exim-heavy approach
debian is currently using, or the way some rpms go, by building
seperated binaries for every feature.

Nico