Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:03:51 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>Exim, on the other hand, is a big package with lots of things that
>admins are able to tweak. The interface to "./configure" is _very_
>limited; nobody is going to type
>
> ./configure --many --different --settings
>
>every time they build Exim. If they had to, they'd keep the command in a
>file (actually, I do that for packages I build with ./configure, so that
>next time I know what I did). If you have it in a file, you might as
>well use a file from the start, and make it a more readable format.

Being able to configure a package from the command line is a big
advantage if you need to build different flavors of the package from a
script or from your own makefile.

It is quite a bit of effort to build the different exim flavours for
the Debian package, and handling the different EDITME files isn't that
easy at all. But Andreas has done a marvelous jobs with the
infrastructure.

Greetings
Marc