Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim

Author: Tom Kistner
To: exim-users
CC: Andreas Metzler
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding eciscan to exim
Philip Hazel wrote:

> limited; nobody is going to type
>
> ./configure --many --different --settings
>
> every time they build Exim. If they had to, they'd keep the command in a

You usually don't need more than 2 or 3 options there. The point about
this thing is that it tries(!) to be smart. I'll look for headers and
libs that are needed for addons like sql/ldap/DBs itself, and even tries
to compile small checking binaries to see if things really work out.

In some (most?) cases, if falls flat on its face, however. And THEN the
pain starts. Prominent example being RH systems sticking OpenSSL stuff
in all kinds of funky places, and vanilla ./configure looking for it in
the standard /usr/local/openssl tree ...

/tom