[Exim] I )(*#$ hate aol

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: Exim-users
Subject: [Exim] I )(*#$ hate aol
AOL has somehow got my office's ip listed as an open relay/open proxy
or something. Odd, because its most certainly not.

Anyways, they've got our ip in their db, and send will only send
informative mail to root@ip postmaster@ip

Exim is not set up to handle receiving ip based mail

right now, i've figured a workaround

acl_check_rcpt:
   accept  hosts                 = :
   deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.

   accept  local_parts   = postmaster : mailman
           domains       = +local_domains : ##IP##

and

\N^(postmaster|root)@(##IP##)$\N postmaster@??? STt

i thought of the rewrite first -- but it wouldn't work unless I added
the ip to accept domains -- something i find odd because it should be
doing the rewrite first -- shouldn't it (exim 4.22, i believe)

in any event -- can someone suggest a better way to handle this? it
would be nice if i didn't have to hardcode my ip