Re: [Exim] Case Sensitivity

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] make sender_verify warn rather than reject
Subject: Re: [Exim] Case Sensitivity
Bill Hacker said:
> Stumped:
>
> Running Exim 4.24-2 from FreeBSD ports..
>
> As nearly all of our userbase utilize mixed-case UID's & email
> 'local_part', I am attempting to put Exim's UID/PWD checking back into
> conformance with UNIX in general and the RFC in particular w/r
> preserving case on the 'local_part' of the address - both for user
> lookup and mailstore directory.
>
> Exim.org online docs for 4.3 explain 'caseful_lower_part' and '+caseful'
> and indicate that these should be in the routers wherein users are being
> validated against <your auth method>.
>
> I don't see the 4.2X docs online, but some searching turns up a few
> references to: 'locally_caseless'.

Perhaps you are typing it wrong??

It is "local" in the middle, not "lower".

caseful_local_part
Type: boolean
Default: false

By default, routers handle the local parts of addresses in a
case-insensitive manner, though the actual case is preserved for
transmission with the message. If you want the case of letters to be
significant in a router, you must set this option true. For individual
router options that contain address or local part lists (for example,
local_parts), case-sensitive matching can be turned on by “+caseful” as a
list item. See section 10.17 for more details.

tis the same for 4.30 as it is for 4.2x

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums