Re: [Exim] Large queue sizes - big directories - and Reiser …

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Marc Perkel
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Large queue sizes - big directories - and Reiser File System
On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 08:11:43AM -0800,
Marc Perkel <marc@???> is thought to have said:

> Where Reiser really shines is on large directories with small files.
> Like what happens with big mail queues where some spammer has filled you
> up with thousands of bounce messages to non-existent email addresses.
> Reise can be a hundred times faster in those situations.

This is one of the things I've been wondering about for a while. What's the
definition of "small files" here? 1k? 5k? 25k? If it's say 5k or less where
it shines and you send a bunch of mail that is 20k each (and by bunch I'm
thinking like 100-200k messages on a list exploder), does performance tank?

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality