Re: [Exim] wacky idea with exiscan and SpamAssassin

Author: Chris Edwards
To: Matt Bernstein
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] wacky idea with exiscan and SpamAssassin
| RFC1047 is dated "Feb-01-1988"

What it says still applies - the protocol has not changed. Its perhaps
even more relevant now that folk are moving towards content scanning
during the dialog.

| >I think anti-spam delays need to happen earlier in the dialog.

| This is obviously impossible with content scanning!

Let your imagination go to town. Dodgy HELOs that aren't quite dodgy
enough to block outright. Blacklists that are too far-reaching to block
outright. IP in any way spammy. Lack of rDNS ? Etc.

| My Cyrus store can deal with duplicates :-P

Right.

Still not sure what this is going to achive. Most ratware will hang up
during the delay. The ratware will be capable of many simultaneous
threads, and will be happily sending more spam (to your site and others)
whilst waiting for this - if it even waits at all...

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service