Re: [Exim] wacky idea with exiscan and SpamAssassin

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] wacky idea with exiscan and SpamAssassin
On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 01:07:23PM +0100, Sander Smeenk wrote:
> Quoting Chris Edwards (chris@???):
> > |           delay = {$spam_score_int}s
> > I think anti-spam delays need to happen earlier in the dialog.
> Too bad you only know it's spam after accepting the DATA part :(

This is where you start applying some intelligence, then. You start keeping
track of hosts, and then scoring them based on past performance. Also, delay
earlier based on, say, failed RCPTs, likely dodgy verifications, never having
seen them before etc. I apply such a technique, and it works rather nicely.

MBM