Re: [Exim] Failing ALL mail in queue that is 24 hours old or…

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing ALL mail in queue that is 24 hours old or older
On Friday 07 November 2003 05:24 pm, Kevin Reed wrote:

> Good email addresses and a properly configured mail server should not
> have a lot of mail queued up on it.

Making do representation as to whether or not "ldurham"'s server is or
isn't properly configured, I'll say that our shared webhosting server
running exim always has about 5,000 undeliverable bounce messages in
the queue because of undeliverable bounces.

I just noticed our queue was set to timeout_frozen_after 7 days; I've
changed it to five days.

I'm going to look into "ingnore_bounce_errors_after".

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation