Re: [Exim] Failing ALL mail in queue that is 24 hours old or…

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: ldurham - safemailpro.com
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing ALL mail in queue that is 24 hours old or older
ldurham - safemailpro.com writes on 11/7/2003 6:01 PM:

> I host many opt-in mailing lists on one of my servers. My mail queue seems

Sure. (un)safelists, mlm "targeted optin" lists and stuff? Don't be
too sure they are optin.

> to keep several thousand mails in the queue that seem to never be delivered.
> They always come up with a re-try deferred or re-try not reached error, and

1. Do those domains exist, or are they variants of yhaoo.com,
htomail.com etc? [optin means confirmed optin by the way - you wouldn't
find such nonexistent addresses in a truly optin list]

2. Use a verp capable mailing list server, accept all bounces you get
and process them to throw away bouncing users from your lists. That
just might make them a little cleaner than the average "safelist"

    srs