Re: [Exim] main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown ? ==> how…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: hauser
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] main option "hosts_require_tls" unknown ? ==> how to force my exim to accept incoming mails only if protected by TLS?
Ralf Hauser wrote:

> Juha,
>
> Thanks for the hint. This also brought me on
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010730/028501.html.
> Does this mean, that hosts_require_tls only applies to outgoing transport?
> If so, I guess this could be made more clear in
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.10/doc/html/spec_29.html#IX1568.
> Also, that would be great place to mention how to apply a TLS-only policy
> for incoming mails.
>
> How would you do that?

It's an BAD idea, unless you have all possible sending clients under
your control.

But after all, you can use something like this in your acl_smtp_mail

require message = We do not support cleartext smtp (For whatever reason)
         encrypted = *

Nico

--
Let us be charitable, and call it a misleading feature  :-)
         --Larry Wall in <2609@???>