Re: [Exim] Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply …

Author: Dominik Ruf
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply block lists to previous server
* Patrick Starrenburg <patrick-kw-gmane.df98dc@???>:

> However I had to have a big sigh... as people seem to have missed the key
> question I was asking in my original posting. Which is **how we can we
> continue to use _DNS_ black lists** That is because we may find ourselves
> in the situation where the gateway mail server (on the other side of the
> world and managed by people out of my control) is brain dead.

[...]
> Key question now is how to have DNSBL functionality when I am not having
> direct SMTP dialog with sending server.

Maybe this wasn't answered yet, because I (and maybe others?)
find this a _very_ bad idea. In todays Spam the Return-Path
is nearly almost faked and this will lead your cooporate gateway
to annoy _a lot_ of innocent people. That's why some posters
already proposed to replace your ideas with something that
does not generate bounces, e.g. Spamassassin with Scoring
(which could include DNSBLs, too).

Dominik