[Exim] Re: Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply …

Author: Patrick Starrenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Re: How to bypass last Received: server to apply block lists to previous server
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:32:04 GMT Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> I know patrick won't see this, but since he seems to fail to
> understand what I'm getting at, and calls me arrogant, clue-resistant
> seems the only appropriate description.

No Matthew what I resist is your sometimes arrogant, unconsidered
"oneliners" (in your original post) responses on the list. As I said
before "don't believe me then do a seach on MBM on the list". That's the
proof.

I will also point you to what I said in one of my following posts:

> Also what Matthew has said is correct, and this is the main reason why
> I am fighting to avoid getting into this situation in the first place
> (but that's politics). I absolutely don't want to end up spewing out
> useless bounces but at the same time I want to utilise the protection
> DNSBL's gives the many mail networks I directly look after. So that's
> why I am investigating all options.

i.e. I will agree with logical points raised regardless of the source
(even you), not clueless statements.

Also seeing as you still haven't thought it through fully I will point
out the following - for some DNSBL's like dynablocks & open relays & our
own blacklists we may still will want to and may *need* to do bounces. If
a company is sending us mail from a host which is on dynamic ADSL
connection (increasingly happening) and we are refusing it then they need
to know. So it's not as simplistic as you say.

Anyway that _once_again_ *completely digresses* from the original
*technical* point I raised. Yes I have heard that Spamassassin will do
something - good. Perhaps though (seeing as we don't use it) I don't want
to install a complete system like Spamassassin for this specific task.
That's why I was looking at local scan.

Ciao

Patrick