Re: [Exim] Re: Attachments and bounce messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Attachments and bounce messages
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> > A. Reduce the return_size_limit default to 10K.
> >
> > B. Implement bounce_return_body, and default it FALSE.
> >
> > C. It strikes me that "return_size_limit" is not a very helpful name any
> > more. I propose to rename it as bounce_return_size_limit, but keep the
> > old name as a deprecated synonym.
>
> You've got my vote for all three changes. I see no reason whatsoever
> to return messages bodies in bounce messages (not that my systems
> generate bounces very often anyway :-)

On reconsideration, so that people can prepare in advance, I now propose
to add bounce_return_body with default TRUE in the next release, and
state that the two defaults (return_size_limit and bounce_return_body)
will change at the *following* release. People can then set these
options in their configs in advance of the incompatible change.