Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Tony Finch wrote:

> Can I put in another request for wishlist item 3.105 (MIME bounces)?

I did note your comment on this recently.

There are, however, plenty of people who don't like the idea, so
doubtless they would not enable it. As a user, I certainly don't like
some of the bounces I receive in this form. It may be just the MUA I use
(Pine), but I dislike having to poke around in attachments to see the
message that I sent.

I just know that it will turn out to be far more work than it seems (gut
feeling, trust me, I'm a viola player). Otherwise I suspect you'd get a
half-cocked job and a screwed up message. I understand the principles of
MIME, but not the details. Therefore, this would take a fair bit of time
for me to learn and do.

There is definitely no such time before at least February - in the next
couple of weeks I want to get 4.23 out (bug fixes). Then I am away for
10 days in October; then I want to get a newly-documented 4.30 release
out before the end of November, and I'm away in January. So you see, the
time just seeps away...