Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages
On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 03:52:14PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> 1. An option called bounce_return_body, defaulting TRUE, which, if
>    turned off, would cause only the header to be returned in a bounce.
>    I suspect few would set it. Should the default be FALSE?

I'd go with this suggestion over the others, and I'd go as far as to say
bouncing only the headers should be the default. If the bounce manages to get
delivered, they *should* be enough for the sender to identify the message which
failed.

To cover the cases where the sender can't determine from the headers what the
message was about, it might be an idea to include in the rubrick the reason why
there is no further body information available in the bounce message.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???                  020 7903 3065