RE: [Exim] Smarthost for AOL et al

Author: Kevin Reed
To: 'Streph Treadway', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Smarthost for AOL et al
Streph Treadway
> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 12:50 PM
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: [Exim] Smarthost for AOL et al
>

> Hi, All,
>
> Like others before me I am trying to set up a router to send
> mail to a smarthost to handle delivery to those domains that
> block SMTP servers on dial-up lists.

[snip]

> aol.com: my.smarthost.net byname
>
> This seems to me to follow advice I have seen on this list as
> well as make sense. Nevertheless, I still get AOL's blocking
> messages.

It is possible that your smarthost is also being blocked??

I have no problem sending to AOL and the few servers that I have that have
large mailing lists were able to easily deal with aol's bulk mail policies.

I looked at the link provided in one of your later messages.. And found it
interesting that people are saying they are getting tons of spam from aol
addresses. I have not found this to be the case. There are some but a vast
majority of spam using aol addresses did not actually come from aol servers.

AOL has been fairly responsive to spam complaints and typically react faster
than other services..