Re: [Exim] Smarthost for AOL et al

Author: Streph Treadway
To: Geraint A Edwards
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Smarthost for AOL et al
On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 09:09:20AM +0100, Geraint A Edwards wrote:
> Streph Treadway <sbt@???> said
>         (on Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:49:34PM -0400):
> > I am trying to set up a router to send mail to a
> > smarthost to handle delivery to those domains that block SMTP servers on
> > dial-up lists.  I am using Exim 3.36

> > aol_router:
> > [...]
> >
> > Nevertheless, I still get AOL's blocking messages.
>
> Do your logs say that these messages are using this "aol_router"
> or another router?

Since asking this question I have managed to get the time to upgrade to
the Debian Exim 4 package. I am not done testing it, but I have
included the router described at:

http://www.exim.org/mailman/htdig/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030324/051683.html

as my first router. Nevertheless, my mail to aol does not seem to be
using this router. In fact, in the logs, I get P=esmtp and no "R=" field
until the next log entry delivering aol's rejection message using
R=local_user.

Thanks for your help.

Yours,

Streph