Re: [Exim] Limiting number of concurrent deliveries

Author: Peter Rabbitson
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Limiting number of concurrent deliveries
(Sorry for resubmitting, forgot to CC)

Maybe there is something wrong with me... My original question was not concerning mail scanning, it concerned mail
delivery. With two people pointing out (an obvious) problem with scanning EVERYTHING in and out, it leads me to the
possibility of my spawning problem to be related related to the mailscanner and not to internal queue mechainsms?
As far as scanning goes - yes I understand that it's silly, but the way my system is set at this point (exim + mailscanner)
with two separate exim processes, the only possible way to do this is to make an exceptional "queue only" directiwe which
will in turn pass only non-local messages to the intermediate mailscanner process. However the overhead of such scans is
next to nothing from machine point of view - hence I am reluctant to experiment with something like this and leaving a
possible hole in my system (being ultra paranoid if you wish to call it this way).

Peter