Re: [Exim] Limiting number of concurrent deliveries

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Peter Rabbitson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Limiting number of concurrent deliveries
On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 15:25, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> Once again submitting a query. After even more research realised that such processes are deliveries spawned by qrunners in
> order to make use of the same smtp connection for multiple messages to the same mail server. However the number of qrunners
> fluctuates between 7 and 10 and the number of these children is way above 300. Anybody has any ideas why these children
> spawn like rabbits and where to limit them?

You have already configured your system to scan messages going into the
list handler. Scanning the messages coming out of the list handler as
well is just silly.

Change your scanner config to ignore messages being injected from
127.0.0.1 (or as a local user if your mailman config uses the Sendmail
interface).

    Nigel.