Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909

Author: Darren Casey
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909
> > In fact I didn't mean to imply a 'free download'. I'm reading through
> > the entire documentation at my free time now. And it's helping me a
> > whole lot to understand things I've seen (and done) by now. I already
> > had the idea of a PDF download when I really considered buying the
> > book as an option to this. But without meaning to degrade your book
> > about exim, I don't think I need it at the moment.
>
> I have no problem with that. If everybody could make do with the
> reference manual, I wouldn't have needed to write the book (which would
> have saved a lot of hassls. :-)

Well I am glad you did. I bought v3 only to realise it was out of day <kick>

I pre-ordered v4 as soon as amazon were taking orders and sat and waited.

I have not had the time to read them but have skimmed through them and
pulled out the bits I need

I (and a lot of other's I know) have not found exim the easiest thing to get
to grips with, but I am sure that's mostly to not reading the book from the
start. however I have set it up as multiple MX servers etc.. and set up a
test server in the office doing everything I set out to with some time
effort and lots of bald patch's. I don't like sendmail. It does everything
we use but I just don't like it.

I used qmail for a while but that was not the best then I tried exim after
seeing people talk about this mail server they "wanted to try or were
using", since then I have never looked back my main goal for many weeks now
is to convert a highly modified sendmail system to exim.

I always buy shareware, and always buy a book on anything we use on a
regular basis, 90% of the books I have never read cover to cover but
a) its handy reference material
b) the author gets some monetary gain

So thank you for a the time you have put in and continue to put in and b the
time/effort you put into the book. It is certainly appreciated this end

> > And since I came across the same problem of availability then, I just
> > wanted to mention the possibility of an e-book at this opportunity.
>
> I believe my publisher is aware of the e-book possibility, but it is up
> to him to decide whether to try to go down that road. I know at the
> moment he is working hard to try to get better distribution for the
> printed book in some parts of the world where it is currently not easy
> to get it.

Personally I never get on with e-books. I always prefer a proper book (Plus
looks better :p )

Thanks
Darren