Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909

Author: Yves Goergen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ISBN#: 0954452909
Von: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. August 2003 18:11

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
> > The original poster DID NOT ask for "free download." He just made a very valid
> > point, namely that distributing books as e-books is much easier and cheaper than
> > distributing printed matter. If I understood him correctly, he is WILLING to pay
> > the price for the book.
>
> I also misunderstood the original post. I guess it's because "download"
> and "free" are associated in my mind. I haven't yet caught up with the
> possibility of non-free downloads.

In fact I didn't mean to imply a 'free download'. I'm reading through the entire documentation at my free time now. And it's helping me a whole lot to understand things I've seen (and done) by now. I already had the idea of a PDF download when I really considered buying the book as an option to this. But without meaning to degrade your book about exim, I don't think I need it at the moment.

And since I came across the same problem of availability then, I just wanted to mention the possibility of an e-book at this opportunity. I mean, there _are_ certainly problems concerning the illegal distribution of the book, but it has also its advantages for a faster and easier distribution. And I believe this way, you would be able to offer the book for less money without effectively getting less for it. I mean, I don't know exactly what a printed book costs to have it printed, but from my experience, it must be a considerable part.

--
Yves Goergen
nospam.list@???