[Exim] OT: setting up webmail server

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] OT: setting up webmail server
Hello all,

First I know this might be off topic but I don't know where else I could
search for advice about it.

I want to set up a server which only porpuse is to be a webmail server.
There are a lot of webmail servers to use, the problem is that most of
them use IMAP. I already have most of the clients running POP3 on their
own clients. The main reason I don't want to use IMAP is that I don't
want users mail to be kept on my mail server, I would preffer it to be
moved to the webmail server once download (like pop3 does). I've also
been thinking on set up a MySQL db to admin users. So my question is,
has anybody ever set a system like this? which packets would u recomend
for such distribution? Am I clear on how IMAP works, in the fact that
mail is always stored on the server or could it be retrieved to be
stored somewhere else?

Thanks

--

Fernando Sanchez