Re: [Exim] group-quota's?

Author: Christian G. Warden
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] group-quota's?
On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:24:03PM +0200, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> we are trying to build mail server based on exim4. virtual domains,
> purely virtual accounts (no entries in /etc/passwd), authentication
> based on sql database.
>
> this works.
>
> the problem is that we would like to have better control over quota's.
> for example:
> we have a customer named "xxx" (a company) which we sell quota of 100 mb
> for mails (just an example).
> within this he can create as many accounts as he wishes to.
> but we still want to keep track if he didn't exceed quota.

You didn't mention what your using for your message store, but you might
be able to fake quotas with message_size_limit in your transport, e.g.
message_size_limit = ${someAppropriateExpansion {0}fail}

When the expansion fails due to over-quota, delivery would be deferred.
You might have to use a perl or run expansion. You might also want to
have a script run periodically to deliver an over-quota warning message
(that, obviously, isn't subject to the message_size_limit restriction.

It's not the cleanest solution, but I think it should work.

xn