[Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10

Author: Tom Kistner
To: exiscanusers, exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10
exiscan-4.20-10 is now at

http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/

From the CHANGELOG (please see below for upgrade advice):

10  - Added recursive unpacking in the demime facility.
       This is particularly useful with clamd.

     - Added DrWeb daemon support to the malware facility.
       Thanks to Alex Miller <asm@???>.

     - Added MKS daemon support.
       Thanks again to Darek Grzegorski <darq@???>

     - added 'control=fakereject'.

Upgrade advice:

You should upgrade if you use clamd, or if you want to make use of the
new "fakereject" feature.

What is "control = fakereject"? From the manual:

5. The "fakereject" control statement
    Reject a message while really accepting it.

When you put "control = fakereject" in an ACL statement, the
following will happen: If exim would have accepted the
message, it will tell the remote host that it did not, with a
message of:

550-FAKE_REJECT id=xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xx
550-Your message has been rejected but is being kept for evaluation.
550 If it was a legit message, it may still be delivered to the target
recipient(s).

But exim will go on to treat the message as if it had accepted
it. This should be used with extreme caution, please look into
the examples document for possible usage.

I'm still writing the examples document, but I can already tell you that
"fakereject" is very useful when used together with "control = freeze" ...

I know that I have ruined lunch for the RFC huggers among you with this,
but Reality(tm) likes this feature :P

/tom