Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exiscanusers, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.20-10
Tom Kistner wrote:

> I know that I have ruined lunch for the RFC huggers among you with this,
> but Reality(tm) likes this feature :P

I don't use Exiscan, though follow its progress both with empathy and
sympathy :)

I can, however, and do 550 reject scanned messages if they violate site
policy (confirmed spam, MS executables.) At the same time I silently
save/quarantine the rejected message, in case I've (SA has) boobed. The
(in 99,5% non-existent) sender never gets to know that it's been saved.

What would your motivation be for this possibility? For me, a 5xx
rejection is so serious a step to undertake, that it's all or nothing.
451 rejects (for one reason or another) from my server are by far the
most common.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???