Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: System
CC: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth, Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com
System [8/10/2003 3:26 AM] :

> The Ip address Keeps on changing and even the block was not same. But I
> think I got it fixed by commenting this line
> #hostlist auth_relay_hosts = * and now i dont have those addresses in my
> log.

What? You mean that you stopped all your users from relaying through
your mailserver using smtp auth, and this stopped it?

Did it ever enter your brain that, in that case, the spammer likely has
a login and password on your server - either he broke a weak password
(admin / admin etc), or he has a account on your server [cpanel sites
typically provide dirt cheap hosting - shell + hosting + email at $7 a
month, etc]