Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com
> Hello All,
>
> I am using Exim4 and I really suspect that my server is getting spammed from
> something like smtp.mail.yahoo.com and which keeps chaging like
> anything.mail.yahoo.com.

It's probably not actually from yahoo. Look in your logs for the actual ip address
that the spam is coming from. If it's from the same ip address (or ip block), refuse
mail from them.

I've reduced my spam to near zero by blocking all of China, Korea, Nigeria, and all
of rackspace, plus anyone on the spamhaus.org list. See blackholes.us and
spamhaus.org for info. On top of that, I use spam assassin to reject anything with a
score over 10 (via exiscan so it's at the mta). Of course, not everyone has the
luxury of blocking entire countries.

Rossz