Re: [Exim] multi user/multi domain setup

Author: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] multi user/multi domain setup
> I wish to keep this setup, but im also looking to expand and have a mail
> service which isn't dependant on having a linux account, where virtual
> users are created/used independently of any system accounts. What
> software (pop3/imap) would people recommend, and which mailbox storage
> method? Would it be best to run this from one exim program, or running a
> separate exim process for each method (the box has access to multiple ip
> addresses)? Is there anything specific i need to know or do specific
> research on in order to set this up?

You can use a virtual host configuration to do this and store the account information
in MySQL. Vexim is a virtual mail system adminstration interface. The package
includes full instructions on how to implement virtual mail domains. Grab it at
http://silverwraith.com/vexim/

The daily snapshot of Vexim is stable and will become the 1.4 release any day now.

I'm using it for pop3 mail with QPopper (with the MySQL patch), while Av is using it
with Couier-IMAP. Exim 4.x is required.

Rossz