Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com

Author: Jeff Green
To: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com
At 05:50 PM 8/9/03, Wakko Warner wrote:
> > I am using Exim4 and I really suspect that my server is getting spammed
> from
> > something like smtp.mail.yahoo.com and which keeps chaging like
> > anything.mail.yahoo.com.
>
>Is this the hostname or in the email address?
>
> > How do i configure Exim to Reject all mails from *.mail.yahoo.com, I have
> > added the entry in /etc/spammers file but since the address changes i
> am not
> > able to stop that what should i do?
> >
> > I want to Reject all mails from *.mail.yahoo.com ?
>
>If it's a host:
>         deny    hosts = *.mail.yahoo.com

>If it's an email domain (NOTE this only works with the envelope sender, not
>the from header)
>         deny    sender_domains = *.mail.yahoo.com

>Do you have any logs of this?

This is what I've used in the check recipient ACL to allow true yahoo
accounts, and deny impersonators:

   deny    log_message = Administrative prohibition: probable yahoo host
impersonation
           message = No thank you: please send through Yahoo servers
           !hosts = *.yahoo.com
           sender_domains = yahoo.com
           delay = 2m

Works wonders. I do the same with AOL, since neither allow sender verify.

Jeffrey B. Green        Personal Computer Consultant - Las Vegas, Nevada
http://jbgreen.com      Networking Las Vegas Since 1986
ARS KC7PK               Linux, Windows and NetWare