Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: jvanasco
CC: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth, Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spammers ...*.mail.yahoo.com
jvanasco@??? [8/11/2003 7:34 PM] :

> Could you speak on that a bit?
>
> I was considering getting a server from rackspace -- didn't know they
> had a bad reputation like that.

Well - poke around a bit - http://www.openrbl.org is a good place to
look. A lot of Rackspace IP space is overrun with spammers and blocked.

A lot of rackspace IP space is pretty clean and not blocked, too.

Most of the cheaper webhosts (rackspace, rackshack / ev1.net etc) are in
the same boat - too many spammers, too less enforcement.

Try someplace like http://www.pair.com (but they don't give you anything
other than managed dedicated servers, I think). Or try ln.net (los
nettos). Depends on where you are of course - finding a small but
antispam local ISP that will colo for you might be an idea.

    srs