Re: [Exim] I'm missing something! I must be....

Author: Matthew Palmer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I'm missing something! I must be....
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Walt Reed wrote:

> hurt yourself. It also wouldn't hurt to whine on the debian lists about
> shipping such an outdated package.

Yes, it would hurt, actually. The debian Exim 4 maintainers know that exim
3 is outdated, but it's not exactly an overnight operation to coordinate the
upgrading of thousands of systems, changing the default mailer for an
operating system. The intention is for Sarge to release with Exim 4 as the
default, AFAICT. It's either that or Postfix.

Either way, pestering people on debian-devel, -project, -release, or other
lists will do nothing except annoy people. All the issues have been done to
death, please do NOT bring them up again unless you have new suggestions
(and you can't know their new until you've read the archives for all the
previous discussions - see you in a week or two).

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16