Re: [Exim] I'm missing something! I must be....

Author: Walt Reed
To: Enkidu
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I'm missing something! I must be....
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:17:09PM +1200, Enkidu said:
> >> Exim is 3.36 on Debian Sarge.
> >
> >3.36 is obsolete. However, this problem is not specific to Exim 3.
> >
> It may be, but that is the version in Debian Sarge or Testing. I don't
> know what is in stable, but Exim 4 doesn't appear until the "unstable"
> release of Debian.

Yeah, it's really annoying that the maintainers are using such outdated
code. Exim3 is still the default in unstable as well.

There are some backports out there for exim4, but it's also not hard to
just compile from the source.

Exim4 has SO many improvments that it's silly not to upgrade. You only
hurt yourself. It also wouldn't hurt to whine on the debian lists about
shipping such an outdated package.