Re: [Exim] Interpreting Subject: lines - opinions, please

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Interpreting Subject: lines - opinions, please
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Michael Haardt wrote:

> You could convert =00 to a NUL character and let the function return
> the string length explicitly, like the append function does, too.

I could, but it wouldn't be helpful to me, because we are talking about
using this feature for $h_xxx variables; they are handled as
zero-terminated strings.

> In that case, the Sieve filter could not use the new function. Would
> the code police arrest me for suggesting a flag that determines how to
> convert =00?

I took a very brief look at the Sieve filter code and concluded that it
was probably best to leave it entirely free-standing, as it is now.

However, given that maybe in the future things may change, I will think
about making the function more flexible.