Re: [Exim] Empty lookup result in authenticators (a stupid q…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alexander V Alekseev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Empty lookup result in authenticators (a stupid question).
On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Alexander V Alekseev wrote:

>    I upgraded to 4.20 (in order to get -d+expand work),
> and the bug dissappeared! Sometimes it's good idea to upgrade ;-))

Ha! I should have searched the ChangeLog. The bug was fixed in 4.20:

46. If expansion of the serverpassword in a spa authenticator or expansion of
    server_condition in a plaintext authenticator is forced to fail,
    authentication now fails (previously it gave a temporary error, which is
    what happens for other expansion failures). This brings these
    authenticators into line with cram_md5, where expansion of server_secret
    has always behaved like this.