Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail
On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:38:03 -0700 James wrote:

> I am attempting to create an opt-in newsletter mailer that can handle
> between 8,000 and 10,000 email addresses. This mailer should be
> triggered from php web based page and should create personalized emails.

Create all the mails in PHP but instead of calling mail() or doing it via
SMTP, create one big BSMTP file. Then feed that to Exim. Very quick and
fast, though you'll have to make sure the syntactical quality of your
e-mail addresses is good (why not verify them at point of acquisition
using Exim's -bt mode?) because any errors will cause your BSMTP batch to
fail part-way through. I've got a tiny function somewhere which passes an
email address to Exim to verify, parses the result and returns valid or
invalid - email me off-list if you want it.

In fact, I have also written a simple PHP class which will make building a
BSMTP file even easier than it already is. It's part of my database system
PHPOF which you can download at http://www.phpof.org/ (apologies for the
bad site) - look at bsmtp.class.php.

Tim