[Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James Fassett
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail
I've searched the archives and the web, but I am afraid that my head
is spinning.

I am attempting to create an opt-in newsletter mailer that can handle
between 8,000 and 10,000 email addresses. This mailer should be
triggered from php web based page and should create personalized emails.

Originally I was opening an SMTP connection directly to the mail
server for each message. This is _incredibly_ slow and would time out
horribly.

Can anyone provide
    Tips / experience
    Resource locations
    General advice on exim :
        config options / command line options
I should study

If anyone here has succesfully accomplished a similar task, any help
would be appreciated.

regards,
James Fassett