Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jonathan Vanasco
To: James Fassett
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] php & exim for newsletter bulk mail
Look into TwistedPython (www.twistedmatrix.com) or misc Perl mods..
Net::SMTP might have it.

Php is going to take forever parsing and constructing 10,000 emails --
regardless of feeding them to exim via a mail() or sendmail hook, or
making a connection to remote hosts.

Python and Perl scripts would both be far better suited to that than
php webpages.

You shouldn't even deal with exim -- the script should handle the smtp
connections to remotes hosts itself. No need to introduce the
overhead of an MTA in there.