Re: [Exim] White Listing for RBLs

Author: William Thompson
To: HPO Tech Group
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] White Listing for RBLs
> I have been digging around but haven't had much luck, seems every time I
> had found the answer it was for Exim 3. I am fighting Spam the best I can
> like anyone else  but now I am faced with the dilemma of how to let Mr.
> Goodbar's email through who has an E-mail account on the Evil Empire's mail
> server. I am running Exim 4.12 (will upgrade soon) and have put the
> following in my ACLs:
>   deny    message       = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
>                dnslists      = bl.spamcop.net:dnsbl.njabl.org:relays.ordb.org

> It seem like on Exim 3 I would have done recipients_reject_except =
> mrgoodbar@??? but actually this seems like that was designed for
> a local address so it wouldn't have work even it I still had version 3. I
> haven't been able to find any information about how to let Mr. Goodbar
> slide through the trap. What I was thinking of was to have a text file
> somewhere that I could edit and add mrgoodbar@???
> *@whitenight.com
> I suppose the ACL in the config file would point to, for example, a file
> name exim.whitelist the ACL would check the white list and if the domain or
> the email address was there it would bypass the dnslist check. Anyone doing
> something like this?

This is simple.  Somewhere in your RCPT acl, put:
    allow    domains = +local_domains
        local_part = <whitelisted local_parts>

or as part of a condition on one of your blocks:
    condition = ${if eq{$local_part@$domain}{<whitelist email>}{no}{yes}}

> One other question I have, is it possible to set up "verify sender" for
> certain domains, it seems a lot of Spammers are using fake hotmail or yahoo
> addresses so if you could "verify sender" for hotmail.com and yahoo.com but
> not other domains this wouldn't put to big of a footprint on the CP and cut
> out a little more junk. Any assistance on this would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanking one and all in advance.

I assume you want a callout.

If you have: require verify = sender/callout remove it

use this:
    deny    sender_domains = <list of domains>
        !verify = sender/callout=30s