Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?
På lau , 03/05/2003 klokka 14:46, skreiv Tamas TEVESZ:

> it actually can be. the load average for any given time interval is
> "the average length of the run queue", ie the number of processes
> waiting for the `running' state. for reference, see `the design and
> implementation of the 4.4bsd operating system' by mckusick et al;
> sorry i can't reference you to the specific page but i don't have the
> book handy atm.

Brilliant. Thanks, Tamas and Marc - not to forget Nico, as always.

Because I am in heart a SYSV man, I kicked myself hard for not thinking.
SYSV people have something called "sar". Only on RH Linux it's called
"sysstat". And you have to install it yourself, because it's optional.
Which I did, when I installed the machine over a year ago - /and/ I use
it regularly for memory, processor and disk stats.

'man sar' would have been just as good advice from you - I should have
known that for myself.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw