Re: [Exim] virtual-host routing question

Author: Mark Edwards
To: Alexey Y. Promokhov
CC: exim list
Subject: Re: [Exim] virtual-host routing question
On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 06:15 AM, Alexey Y. Promokhov wrote:

> On Thu, 1 May 2003, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>> I have the following router set up in exim 4.12 to route mail to
>> various virtual hosts:
>>
>> virtual:
>>    driver = redirect
>>    allow_fail
>>    allow_defer
>>    domains = lsearch;/usr/local/etc/mail/local_domains
>>    data =
>> ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/usr/local/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}
>>    file_transport = address_file
>>    pipe_transport = address_pipe
>>    no_more

>> Works great. Is there a way to force exim to continue expanding
>> strings in the "alias" files, even if the string matches a local user?
>
> We have the following configuration:
>
> virtual:
> driver = redirect
> domains = dsearch;/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual
> qualify_preserve_domain = true
>
> data=${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual/$domain}
> { ${if eq {$value} {}
> {$local_part+$domain@???} {$value}} } {:
> fail: user unknown}}
> no_more
> allow_fail
>
> virtual1:
> driver=accept
> domains=virtual.valinor.gptelecom.ru
> transport=local_virtual_delivery
>
> File in /usr/local/etc/exim/virtual/ (ayp.msk.ru for example) may
> contains:
>
> ayp #User ayp exists in this domain
> postmaster: ayp #Alias postmaster to ayp
> abuse: postmaster #Mail also goes to ayp
> user1: user1@??? #Start processing
> /usr/local/etc/exim/virtual/survival.msk.ru
> user2: someuser@??? #Deliver to this adderss
>
> and so on...

I'm not sure how that addresses the issue though. What happens if you
add an alias to the above that says:

ayp: ayp,forwardingaddress@???

Does mail to postmaster go to both ayp and
forwardingaddress@???? This is what I'm trying to achieve.

Perhaps the answer is not to have local users that are the same as
email addresses.

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA