Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp_load_reserve?
På lau , 03/05/2003 klokka 12:30, skreiv Adrian Phillips:

> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question, but ...
>
> >From man top (Linux) :-
>
>    uptime
>         This line displays the time the system has been up, and the
>         three load averages for the system.  The load averages are the
>         average number of process ready to run during the last 1, 5
>         and 15 minutes.  This line is just like the output of
>         uptime(1).  The uptime display may be toggled by the
>         interactive l command.

Thanks, but it can't be that. The three Exim 4 examples I found on the
Internet varied from "smtp_load_reserve = 4" to "smtp_load_reserve = 20"

I think Nico's stab is probably right. It would amount to child
processes not being released.

Funnily enough, there's an Exim 4 SA contributor who suggested this
implementing this for resource-bound SA-Exim servers, but I can't find
one single posting from him on this list, searching my database of
around 20,000 postings.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw